these are my little juju dolls, named that way because my family has a weird sense of humor (they are NOT voodoo dolls LOL)
they are really easy to make.. i used a G hook and a small amount of WW, and half a cotton ball to stuff each of their little heads
1) ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. join with sl st to 1st sc. (now u have a 6 sc circle)
2) ch1, make 2 sc's in each sc around. join with sl st to 1st sc. (now u have a 12 sc circle)
3) ch1, sc in each sc around. join with sl st to 1st sc. (12 sc's around)
4) repeat last row one more time..
5) ch1, (sc in 1st sc, then make an sc decrease over the next 2 sc's). repeat ( ) around. u will have 8 st's around. join with sl st to top of 1st sc.now stuff the head with half of the cotton ball
6) ch1, make sc decreases using 2 stitches each, around. u will have 4 st's around. join with sl st to top of 1st stitch.
now the fun part.. the arms and legs are worked directly from the head, and its convenient that there are exactly 4 sts around on the last round of the head.
do not fasten off
1) ch 13, sc in 2nd st from hook and in each across. (so u have 12 sc's) join with sl st to the next unworked stitch on the head.
congratulations! you just made an arm!
2) ch 19, sc in 2nd st from hook and in each across. (so u have 18 sc's) join with sl st to the next unworked stitch on the head.
congratulations! you just made a leg!
now repeat the last step for the other leg...
and repeat the first step for the other arm. yay!
on my dolls i made a ch1, and went ahead and put a sl st right between the legs... it closes the opening on the head a little better, and gives them the look of a teeny tiny little body.
and i usually make lil dresses for them, just out of rounds of crochet... i will have to post the pattern for the dress once i get a pic with them clothed.
lil kids love them, and some ppl have asked for scented ones, or like angel ones with a lil string to hang them on their car mirror. hope yall like the pattern!
this is my original pattern, please do not sell this pattern or copy it to another website. you may make these for your own personal use. if you want to share with friends online, please link back to my blog.