i found a tiny amount of red heart soft yarn in my "stash" (which is really just a cardboard box with LIVE PLANTS written on it full of yarn) and i really wanted to use it. but it was such a little bit.. so i decided to make a baby thingie. it's not a sweater, it's a shirt... it looks kinda like a kimono to me but i dunno.
heres a picture of the edging, crab stitch (reverse sc) which is totally optional in the pattern but i'm friggin obsessed right now.
so anyway, the pattern, yes?
soft WW yarn (about 2-3 oz)
US aluminum size F hook
- 1) dc in 4th ch from hook and in each of next 4. make V stitch (dc, ch1, dc) in next st. dc in each of next 6 sts, make V stitch in next. dc in each of next 12 dc, V stitch in next. dc in each of next 6 sts, V stitch in next. dc in each of last 6 sts.
- 2) turn, ch3 to count as first dc. dc in each dc, V stitch in each ch1 space.
- 3-5) repeat Row 2
- 6) turn, ch3 to count as first dc, dc in each dc up to the first ch1 space. dc in ch1 space. skip across all the next dc's to the 2nd ch1 space, dc in ch1 space and in each dc across to 3rd ch1 space. dc in ch1 space, skip across all the next dc's to 4th ch1 space. dc in ch1 space and in each remaining dc. this makes the arm holes
- 7) now instead of turning, make a slip stitch to bride the last stitch of the previous row to the first ch3 of the same previous row. ch3 to count as first dc and you will now be working in rounds.. dc in each dc around, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
- 8-15) ch3, dc in each dc around, join with sl st to top of beginning ch 3.
at end of round 15 do not fasten off
work 1 round of crab stitch (reverse sc)
- fasten off and attach yarn to neck and armholes respectively to repeat crab stitch edging process
this is my original pattern, please do not sell the pattern since i provide it for free here. print a copy for personal or charitable use, thanks.